General Research Interest(s):
BSc (Honours Genetics), The University of British Columbia, 1989
MD, The University of British Columbia, 1993
FRCPC (Anesthesiology), McMaster University 1998
MSc (Clinical Epidemiology), McMaster University 2001
Joint Faculty Senator, UBC Vancouver Senate
Vice-Chair, Education, UBC Department of Anesthesiology, Pharmacology & Therapeutics
Anesthesiology Clerkship Director, UBC MD Undergraduate Program
- Deschamps A, Hall R, Grocott H, Mazer CD, Choi PT, Turgeon A, de Medicis E, Buissières JS, Hudson C, Syed S, Seal D, Herd S, Lambert J, Denault A, for the Canadian Perioperative Anesthesia Clinical Trials Group. Cerebral oximetry monitoring to maintain normal cerebral Oxygen saturation during high-risk cardiac surgery: A randomized controlled feasibility trial. Anesthesiology 2016; 124:826-36.
- Ansley DM, Raedschelders K, Choi PT, Wang B, Cook RC, Chen DD. Propofol cardioprotection for on-pump aortocoronary bypass surgery in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (PRO-TECT II): a phase 2 randomized-controlled trial. Can J Anesth 2016; 63:442-53.
- Cordovani L, Chung F, Germain G, Turner K, Turgeon AF, Hall R, Gay PC, Bryson GL, Choi PT, for the Canadian Perioperative Anesthesia Clinical Trials Group. Perioperative management of patients with obstructive sleep apnea: a survey of Canadian anesthesiologists. Can J Anesth 2016; 63:16-23.
- Wijeysundera DN, Choi PT, Badner NH, Brasher PM, Dresser G, Delgado DH, Beattie WS. A randomized feasibility trial of clonidine to reduce perioperative cardiac risk in patients on chronic beta-blockade: the EPIC Study. Can J Anesth 2014; 61:995-1003.
- Guay J, Choi PT, Suresh S, Ganapathy S, Albert N, Kopp S, Pace NL. Neuraxial blockade for the prevention of postoperative mortality and major morbidity: an overview of Cochrane systematic reviews. Anesth Analg 2014; 119:716-25.
- Flexman AM, Merriman B, Griesdale DE, Mayson K, Choi PT, Ryerson CJ. Infratentorial neurosurgery is an independent risk factor for post-operative respiratory failure in patients undergoing intracranial tumor resection. J Neurosurg Anesthesiol 2014; 26:198-204.
Randomized controlled trials
- Certificate of Merit, Canadian Association for Medical Education, 2020