- Are you a healthcare professional engaged in clinical teaching?
- Are you an educator?
- Do you want to learn how to use simulation as an effective
This 2 day course may be for you!
This course aims to provide an experience that will allow learners to:
- Develop a foundational knowledge of simulation based learning strategies
- Identify elements of effective teamwork and incorporate those elements into simulation based learning objectives
- Learn the foundations of debriefing skills and their application in simulation based learning
- Plan and develop a simulation scenario
- Facilitate a simulation scenario
The course provides a mixture of theory and practice and emphasizes debriefing/feedback relevant for learning.
Dr Chris Chin, FRCA, FRCP (UK), MA Clin Ed. , Department of Anaesthesia, BC Children’s Hospital
Debbie Cain, RT Simulation Educator, Learning & Development, BC Children’s & Women’s Hospital
Health care professionals who want to use simulation as a teaching method.
Open to health care professionals involved in clinical teaching.
Course Cost: $1200.00
All BC Staff Physicians $600.00
Residents/Fellows and Non-physicians $450.00
This course is provided free of charge for all PHSA staff
via the LearningHub – https://learninghub.phsa.ca/
For more information contact Debbie Cain – email@example.com
Accredited UBC CPD:
This event is an Accredited Self-assessment Program eligible for up to 14.0 Section 3 credits.
Summer 2015 course dates:
June 10th & 11th